Lukas' home for now...

Thursday, April 3, 2008

~~FRUSTRATION~~

Well, I have been borderline physco for the past week now! Our Letter of Acceptance (LOA) was supposed to arrive the same time as our travel partners' letter did. They got theirs on March 11. AND we were told that ours was "on the way". We had no reason to believe otherwise since our paperwork has traveled in tantum the entire way in this process. So I waited. And waited. A few days difference was all that I had expected and when I contacted my social worker, she assured me that it should arrive any day and to just 'breath'. LOL!! Easy for her to say!!

So I spend the next 16 days 'breathing' and still nothing arrived in the mail. I was getting worried that it somehow had gotten lost. I contacted our social worker again and she said she would check with CCAA (China). She called me and emailed me the next day with a trail of emails from China stating that it was mailed to the Chicago office on the 24th or 25th and that it should arrive shortly (in Chicago) and then overnighted to us. Knowing this, I started my 'watch' for that delivery man on this past Monday. I was afraid to leave, take a shower or anything that might prevent me from being available when that delivery came.

Monday came and went. So did Tuesday and Wednesday. Then I started the calling again. Today we find out that it was not SENT on the 24th or 25th, but but received in the Hong King office and has officially been sent to Chicago on the 28th of March. Once there, it will be overnighted to us. So I have a free day today. Cleaning and preparing for Lukas is high on my list. Not that I have made much progress, but it is time to step it up and get going.

We should received that long-awaited letter by Monday (that's what they tell us) and then we will sign and do an immediate turnaround so we can get our consulate appointment (CA) which in turn determines our travel plans.

Stay tuned for the updates! We are anxious to get together with our friends and have the celebratory Chinese dinner!!

We are so close to holding Lukas in our arms!

Vicki

No comments: