Lukas' home for now...

Friday, May 16, 2008

The GREAT WALL and Sacred Garden

I will once again send you to the Ken & Leslie's site as they are able to post more freely and have more pics of our adventures today.




We received a very special gift today. You all are aware of the earthquake situation here in China. We have been very concerned about the safety of our children and was able to receive some contact from a volunteer in Luke's orphanage. This morning I opened my eamil to three pictures and a very short little movie of him. He is so adorable. This pic was taken just about 8 hours ago.









What a day today! We have had such a great time in Beijing but wow, is it ever exhausting! I am only able to post this at about 3 am since when we came back to the hotel at about 8 pm, I crashed! Don did the same thing the night before and I was the night owl so I guess it was my turn.


I am still having technical difficulties with blogger even though I have someone in the states to help me, I even have a tough time getting the email to go through and send pics. I will do my best here (this is my third attempt) My first two posts ended up in cyberspace!




We climbed the Great Wall today! Man oh man alive, what an experience! I can hardly wrap my head around the fact that we are going to be view and standing on one of the great wonders of the world!!! Who would have though that us small town folks would be doing that!!! It is truly breathtaking. It was very hazy today, but still so very unreal!





We also visited the Sacred Gardens and Ming''s Tomb. Mari, can you guess where this picture is from? Yes...mommy and daddy are standing next to the same camel that is one of the clues on the map in Big Bird in China!



We are leaving today for Xi'an. This morning we will be going to the Summer Palace. Then a small tour on a rickshaw (FUN FUN!!) and visit a local Chinese home.

Our wonderful tour guide Maggie, will get us to the airport and make sure we are pointed in the right direction. Next time I post, we will be in Xi'an where Lukas is and be ready to meet him on Sunday at 3:30 pm. (2:30 am Saturday for those of you back home) So when you wake up on Sunday morning, hopefully you will see pics of Lukas in our arms!

Mari, we miss you so very much! Love to all of you!!!

Vicki & Don (aka mommy and daddy)

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Go mommy ! Go daddy !

Get that sweet little boy !

Rooting for you in Arkansas !

Charlotte and Rachael, an albino chinese girl and siblings !

Raenita said...

Wow Vicki! Gorgeous pictures!!! I'm in awe and I cannot WAIT for you to get Lukas in your arms...as I'm sure you can't either! I'm loving following you through your travels to Lukas. Love the new picture of him...so sweet! (((BIG HUGS))) I miss you!

Raenita