Lukas' home for now...

Thursday, May 15, 2008

WOOHOO!!!






I have figured out how to post to my blog. I won't be able to see it or review it so please bear with me and my exhaustion.

What a day we had! Got up and enjoyed a great breakfast at the hotel and then met out guide Maggie (who by the way is adorable) to start out the day at the Forbidden City. What a huge place! And the architecture is breathtaking. Maggie was spewing more historical information that I could digest. This girl really knows her stuff.

Next we moved on to Tiananmen Square. More history lessons. Everything in China is old. Not in bad repair old, but historical old. They have trees standing that are 500+ years old. Wish I had their green thumb!



We are having a great time sharing this whole experience with our dear friends Ken & Leslie. They are also adopting a little girl, Megan. We feel very blessed to be sharing this special bond with them again. Our older girls (both 4 yrs old) were adopted together 3 years ago and are from the same orphanage. Megan and Lukas are not from the same orphanage, but are from the same city. We will meet them both on Sunday.



I am having trouble getting the pictures to post, so I will end here.
You may be able to see more by visiting Megan's family journey at http://webpages.charter.net/laked95/

I'm sure Ken was able to get more pics and info up on their site.

We love you and miss you Mari!






2 comments:

Norma said...

Was at Starfish for 3 weeks in March and got to visit Xi'an orphanage. So happy to see more kids going to loving homes and a better life......although they were cared for and loved in China it is just not the same as a Mom and Dad all their own.
God Bless
Norms

boltefamily said...

I will be praying for your precious family and for little Lukas! What an amazing gift from God he is!