Lukas' home for now...

Saturday, May 24, 2008

We're in Guangzhou!

WOW! What a difference a new hotel makes! This ol' internet junkie was having withdrawals with the poor internet service at the hotel in Xi'an. Here...we just plugged in and are set to go! So look for more frequent updates and photos of our little man! He is just the cutest doll baby! And the greatest giggler in the world! He is headstrong when he doesn't get his way, but is easily redirected. Travels well. He usually sleeps in the van. We were wondering how he would handle his first plane ride. This was only a 2.5 hour flight and quite confining. He got a little agitated at the beginning but settled in quickly and slept for the rest of the ride. Hope the flight home goes as well. I did go out this afternoon and purchase a traditional chinese baby carrier. They are a kind of front carrier that will help me keep my hands on him when he is sleeping on my lap. I was kinda dozing myself on the flight and felt my arms dropping from him a little. Hopefully this will solve that problem.



We are going out to eat at the Guangzhou Chinese Restaurant. It's kinda a local hangout...like the "WestEnd" of China. I hope the food is good cause we are hungry! Missed lunch today due to traveling.



Here are a few pics of Lukas as we were traveling to our new hotel. Isn't he just the cutest??













We love you Mariella!!!!!

Don, Vicki & Lukas



2 comments:

Charlotte said...

He is just so darn cute !

Could eat that boy up !

Charlotte and crew

Jeff and Amy said...

He is indeed so stinkin cute!!!!!