Lukas' home for now...

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Visiting the CWI

We were blessed with the opportunity to visit the place where Lukas spent his first months of life. We were not allowed to do this with Mari so we were happy to know we would be able to record some of this for Lukas to see when he is older.
I knew I would need to guard my heart when I saw all those little faces, but I didn't expect the intesity of those feelings.
When we got there the children were playing outside. We were spotted immediately as was the bag of lollipops we had brought. I was rushed by tiny little hands reaching out for a treat. I tried handing out a little more than candy and started giving them all hugs. Do you think China would mind if I just brought a few more kiddos home with me?



Because of the recent earthquakes, the children are not staying in the main building (the pink castle). We were directed to a smaller out building where they had set up temporary shop while repairs were being made.

We were able to meet Lukas' best friend Aaron. Aren't they just the cutest duo?


We met most of the nannies and got to hold lots of little ones. They did let us go up into the mail building to see the room Lukas was in. There was a makeshift infirmary there with a few sick babies. Sick or not, they need to be cuddled. And I just couldn't help myself.



I am trying to get all 250+ photos uploaded to Snapfish so I can share with the other waiting parents, but apparently it is blocked here at this hotel. I will get it up when we get to Guangzhou. We are leaving in the morning and hope to be settled in by the afternoon.

More news then!

Mariella, mommy and daddy miss you so much and can't wait to see you! Big hugs and kisses to you!

Mom

5 comments:

Pinki's Life said...

Vicki.. awsome pics.. makes me want to adopt even more now.. the little girl in pink on the swing looks like a good match for me lol.. I miss you very much and have so much to catch up with you.

xoxo hurry home

The Mengs

Jeff and Amy said...

Oh wow, how touching. I wish I could be there to cuddle with all those little angels.

Tiffany said...

SOOOO very happy to see you guys with Lukas!
He is so adorable and looks to be very happy with his new family!
Blessings to you all!

Tiffany (Lily and Ty's mom)

Charlotte said...

Oh, Vicki ! Bring me home another one too !

Charlotte and crew

Jill said...

Vicki, Can't wait to meet Lukas. Julia has been missing Mari. She asked me everyday when is Mari coming to school. Sounds like she is having a great time with big sister :)
See you Friday,
Jill